Monday, April 11, 2011

My kids

Last night and today were great. My younger daughter came to visit us after work last night and today was her day off so she came again. She and my Prince love each other so much, it is fun to watch them together (she is 19 years older than him!) She asked me to make her some gifts to give her friend for her baby shower - she said that I would make something nicer than she could buy - what a compliment! I did get a little misty. I am making a towel set that has a monkey hood (jungle theme for the nursery) and a great wall hanging using applique that I found here... http://lellaboutique.blogspot.com/2011/03/baby-bird-stitcheries.html - I am going to make it with a Giraffe elephant and monkey instead of birds.
Have you seen the word art pictures that seem to pop up on blogs now and then- I found a website that you can make your own! You have to check it out! Tagexedo is the name and you can make your own pictures for free! There is no giveaway or anything, just something I wanted to share with anyone who may read this.


I finished the embroidery on the face for my Princess's doll - I'll post some pictures tomorrow, along with the progress I make on the baby shower gift....did I mention the shower is Saturday???


Blessings, Maria

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely link and gift to make....I also feel such pleasure is one of the children ask me to make for them...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria, how sweet to watch young love....as I move through the years...it is rare to see ...a precious gift...Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria how what a great compliment from your daughter. I would be misty eyed as well. Logan my 8 year old asked me to help him make a gift for his teacher. Your pride just goes right on up there when your kids appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete